Welcome campers to Storrs Pond Recreation Area, owned and operated by The Hanover Improvement Society, Inc., for the benefit of the general public. We hope your stay with us will be enjoyable in every respect. Listed below are regulations that have been developed for the safety and enjoyment of our guests. Guests are also responsible for adhering to all regulations that are posted in each specific facility within Storrs Pond.
- Guests are responsible for knowing the general rules and regulations.
- Check-in time is after 12:00 pm. Checkout time is 11:00 am.
- All guests must stop at the booth each time they enter the area.
- A speed limit of ten-miles-per-hour is in force on all roads within the Recreation Area.
- Quiet must be observed from 10:00 pm to 7:00 am. Failure to do so may be sufficient cause to deny a camper the privileges of camping.
- Cutting or damage to trees is not allowed.
- Parents may not leave children unattended in the Recreation Area.
- Fishing is not allowed in the beach or swimming areas of the pond. Catch and release fishing only.
- Firearms or bow and arrows are not permitted in the area. Hunting is not allowed.
- Boats are allowed on the pond outside of the swimming areas. Motors are prohibited. NH State law reads that there must be one
- Coast Guard approved flotation device for each person aboard.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash and under control at all times. Pets are not allowed on the beaches, in the pond at swimming areas, or on the pool deck. Please clean up after your dog.
- Possession of illegal drugs on the premises is not permitted and violators will be reported to the police. Alcohol is not allowed on the beaches or in other public areas.
- Ground fires are not permitted. Fires must be built in fire pits provided at each site and attended at all times.
- Fireworks are not permitted at any time.
- Motorized trail bikes, mopeds, and all-terrain vehicles are prohibited in the area.
- Mountain bikes may be used on designated trails only, at your own risk.
- Bikes, skateboards, roller blades, etc. are prohibited in parking areas and all pathways.
- Speed bumps are not to be used as jumps for skateboards, bicycles or other activities.
- Campers and registered guests may use the tennis courts on an “as available” basis.
- To determine court availability, check the members’ sign-up sheet posted on the Tennis Hut near the courts.
- Proper court behavior and dress are expected and enforced by the Tennis Professional.
- Refunds are not given due to weather conditions.
- Young children must wear bathing suits or diapers at all times. Nudity is not permitted at Storrs Pond.
- Swimmers must enter the pond from the beach only. Rules applicable to both swimming areas are posted and will be vigorously enforced by lifeguards.
- Please use the main beach area for swimming when there are scheduled picnics in Area 1.
- Swimming is “at your own risk”.
- Your comments and suggestions about Storrs Pond are important to us. Please come to the Storrs Pond Office or call and leave a message if you would like to make a suggestion or comment about our operation.
Please cooperate in keeping the grounds neat, clean and attractive. Place rubbish and recyclable trash in receptacles provided.
Thank you for supporting Storrs Pond. We hope you will return to visit with us again!
Cancellations are subject to the fee for one night stay. In addition, cancellations made within 3 days of scheduled check-in are subject to a penalty equal to one (1) day’s reservation fee. Please contact the office for cancellations or to make any changes to your reservation.
- Office Hours: Daily 9:00 am – 7:00 pm
- Pool Hours: 11:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Inclimate weather could affect office and pool hours. Please check the website for updates. For questions or more information, please call (603) 643-2134 or email email@example.com.