Storrs Pond Recreation Area offers four hard-surface tennis courts for visitors to use. Reservations may be made at the Tennis Hut. Also available are private and semi-private lessons with Tennis Director Billy Pontious and his assistants. Courts can be reserved for private parties and corporate outings. Contact the Tennis Director, Billy Pontious, for more details at the Tennis Hut: (603) 643-1663 or (603) 632-9598 or by email email@example.com
Highlights for 2017
- 10 and Under Junior Tennis Camp – Mon-Fri from 9-11 am
- Junior Tennis Camp (9 to 15 years old) – Mon-Fri from 2-5 pm
- Junior Round Robin – Every Sat. from 10 am – 2 pm with cookout!
- Monday and Friday Night Doubles with a Pro – 5:30 – 7 pm with Potluck
Programs and Registration Forms
- Morning Sessions – An introduction to the game of tennis that is just right for young children and beginning players. Classes are Monday to Thursday for one hour. 8-9 am for 3-10 year olds and 11 am – 12 pm for 10-15 year olds. Students will learn basic strokes and tennis skills through age appropriate drills and games. The USTA 10 and Under Tennis Method will be used for players 10 and under. Register Online or Download Registration Form. Program runs weekly from June 19 to August 24. Cost is $50 per week.
- 10 And Under Junior Tennis Camp – For younger players who want to improve their game. Camps will utilize the USTA 10 and Under format with short courts and soft balls. Kids will focus on skill development and match play with an emphasis on fun that will foster success and a love of the game. Register Online or Download Registration Form. Camp runs 9 to 11 am, Monday to Friday, from June 19 to August 25. Cost is $165 per week. BONUS – add on two private lessons for $50.
- Junior Tennis Camp, SPJTC – Take your game to the next level and have an awesome time! Storrs Pond Junior Tennis Camp runs Monday to Friday from 2-5 pm. Monday to Thursday focus on skill development, and Friday players travel to Quechee and other Upper Valley clubs for match practice.
Click here for more info on SPJTC! , Register Online or Download Registration Form. Program runs weekly from June 19 to August 25. Cost is $225 per week. BONUS – add 2 private lessons for $50.
- Saturday Junior Round Robins – Join us Saturdays from 10 am – 2 pm for round robin match play and a cookout! Great way to improve your game and spend time with friends. Cost is $10 for the day. Ages 8-16.
- Doubles with a Pro – Focus on doubles strategy from 5:30-7 pm Monday and Friday with our Doubles with a Pro play. Players will be grouped by level. Register Online or Download Schedule and Registration Form. Program runs June 19 to August 25. Cost is $15 per person. Stay and enjoy more play or potluck.
- Private and Group Lessons – Private and semi-private lessons are available with head pro Billy Pontious. Rates are $50 per hour for private lessons and $60 per hour for semi-private (up to 3 people). Call the Tennis Hut, 603-643-1663 or email Billy@StorrsPondTennis.com to schedule.
- Community Tennis Association (CTA) Adult Teams – Storrs Pond hosts several men’s and women’s CTA teams. The teams practice weekly and play weekly matches against local teams on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from mid May until early August. At the end of the season, there’s a tournament and celebration at Quechee Club. If you are a 3.0 – 5.0 level player interested in joining a CTA team, contact Billy@StorrsPondTennis.com or call the Tennis Hut at 603-643-1663. Click here for team contact info.