Storrs Pond Recreation Area offers four hard-surface tennis courts for visitors to use. Reservations may be made at the Tennis Hut. Also available are private and semi-private lessons with Tennis Director Billy Pontious and his assistants. Courts can be reserved for private parties and corporate outings. Contact the Tennis Director, Billy Pontious, for more details at the Tennis Hut: (603) 643-1663 or (603) 632-9598 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Highlights for 2013
- Jr. Tennis Camp – Weekly Mon-Fri from 2-5 pm.
- Fri. evening tennis and BBQ – all levels. From 5pm till dark.
- Jr. Ladder – Join the Jr. ladder (ages 9-18) and gain invaluable experience competing against different levels and styles of players. Two regulation matches a week. FREE.
- Jr. Round Robin Tournaments – Every Sat. from 9 am – 3 pm with cookout!
- Monday Night Doubles with a Pro – 530 – 7 pm.
Programs and Registration Forms
- Morning Sessions – An introduction to the game of tennis that is just right for young children and beginning players. Classes are Mon – Thurs for one hour. 8-9 am for 3-8 year olds and 9-10 am for 9-14 year olds. Students will learn basic strokes and tennis skills through age appropriate drills and games. The USTA 10 and Under Tennis Method will be used for players 10 and under. Register Online or Download Registration Form.
- 10 And Under Team – The team for players 10 and under. Practices are Monday and Wednesday from 10:30 am to 12 noon. Utilizing the USTA 10 and Under format with short courts and soft balls, kids quickly develop skills with a focus on playing to learn that fosters success and a love of the game. On Thurs. the team travels to Quechee Club for match play! Register Online or Download Registration Form.
- Junior Team -The players on this team are ages 9-15 and practice between 10:30 and 12 noon on Thursdays. After practice the team travels to Quechee Club for USTA matches between 1-3 pm. Register Online or Download Registration Form.
- Jr. Tennis Camp, SPJTC – Take your game to the next level andhave an awesome time! Storrs Pond Jr. Tennis Camp runs Mon-Fri from 2-5 pm. Mon-Wed focus on skill development, Thurs is devoted to match play and Fri is devoted to skill review, feedback from matches and strategy. Ages 9-15. Click here for more info on SPJTC! , Register Online or Download Schedule and Registration Form.
- Saturday Jr. Round Robins - Join us Saturdays from 9am -3 pm for plenty of match play and a cookout! Great way to improve your game and spend time with friends. $10 for the day. Ages 8-16. Check out Tournaments for other match play opportunities.
- Doubles with a Pro – New this year, focus on doubles strategy from 5:30-7 pm with our doubles with a Pro play. Players will be grouped by level. To register, contact Billy or Download Schedule and Registration Form.
- Private and Group Lessons – Private and semi-private lessons are available with head pro Billy Pontious. Rates are $45 per hour for private lessons and $60 per hour for semi-private (up to 3 people). Call the Tennis Hut, 603/643-1663 or email Billy@StorrsPondTennis.com to schedule.
- Community Tennis Association (CTA) Adult Teams – Storrs Pond hosts several men’s and women’s CTA teams. The teams pr
- actice weekly and play weekly matches against local teams on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from mid May until early August. At the end of the season, there’s a tournament and celebration at Quechee Club. If you are a 3.0 – 5.0 level player interested in joining a CTA team, contact Billy@StorrsPondTennis.com or call the Tennis Hut, 603/643-1663. Click here for team contact info