Swim Lesson Information
Each swimmer needs to bring a swimsuit, towel, and goggles. (*Goggles must be the type that only cover the eyes. Goggles that cover the eyes and nose are not allowed as this doesn’t allow them to learn the proper way to breath out of their nose.) Swimmers with shoulder-length hair need to wear a hair tie. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool, swimmers need to use swim diapers. All swimmers must have changed into their swimsuits ready to swim.
On the first day of the swim lesson for each swim week – all swimmers in their suits will meet five minutes before the start of their lesson by the WSI office located near the diving boards. When it is time to start the lesson, swimmers with their instructor, proceed to outdoor showers to take a quick rinsing shower, and then proceed out to the pool deck without their shoes on and meet their instructor on the pool deck.
All lessons, other than the first lesson, the swimmers will meet their instructor on the pool deck in the designated area assigned at the first lesson. Swimmers need to arrive on time, if a swimmer is more than 10 minutes late, the swimmer will NOT be allowed to participate in the lesson and will be considered absent.
Parents are welcome to view all lessons outside of the fenced-in area. Parents are not allowed in the water with their children during the lesson. Except for the parent in the “Parent & Tot” lessons who MUST BE in the water with the child.
Please watch for your swimmer at the conclusion of each lesson as the Instructors are not responsible for swimmers after the lesson has ended. Talk to your swimmer prior to the start of the lesson to make an arranged meeting place for you to meet at the end of the lessons.
General Locker Room and Pool Deck Policies
- Clean shoes are to be worn around the pool area
- Take a rinsing shower before swimming
- Engaging in horseplay is not permitted
- Food, drink or glass bottles are not allowed on the pool deck. Plastic water bottles are allowed.
- Help everyone by making sure the area you used is cleaned up
Swimming Registration Information
- All classes are run on a minimum of 6 swimmers and a maximum of 10 swimmers. This is a Red Cross curriculum requirement.
- Swim lesson sessions consist of 2 consecutive weeks. Session registration must be completed by the Friday before the start of the session.
- Storrs Pond Member Registration begins on March 1st, 2023. Membership must be purchased first to receive a member discount. Registrations are processed on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Non-member registration begins on April 1st, 2023.
- For specific swim-related questions, email email@example.com.
- For technical issues or general information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call the Hanover Improvement Society Office at (603)643-2408×5.
- Summer contacts: SPRA office (603) 643-2134 Pool House at (603) 643-7428 after June 20.