Swim Lesson Information
Each swimmer needs to bring swimsuit, towel and goggles. Swimmers with shoulder-length hair need to wear a hair tie. Disposable diapers are not allowed in the pool, swimmers need to use swim diapers. All swimmers must have changed into their swimsuits ready to swim.
On the first day of the swim lesson for each swim session – all swimmers in their suits will meet five minutes before the start of their lesson by the WSI office located near the diving boards. When it is time to start the lesson, swimmers with their instructor, proceed to the men’s or women’s locker room, take a quick rinsing shower and proceed out to the pool deck without their shoes on and meet their instructor on the pool deck.
All lessons, other than the first lesson, the swimmers will meet their instructor on the pool deck in the designated area assigned at the first lesson. Swimmers need to arrive on time, if a swimmer is more than 10 minutes late, the swimmer will NOT be allowed to participate in the lesson and will be considered absent.
Parents are welcome to view all lessons from the pool deck. Parents are not allowed in the water with their children during the lesson. Except for the parent in the “Parent & Tot” lessons who MUST BE in the water with the child.
Please watch for your swimmer at the conclusion of each lesson as the Instructors are not responsible for swimmers after the lesson has ended. Talk to your swimmer prior to the start of the lesson to make an arranged meeting place for you to meet at the end of the lessons.
Your swimmer’s instructor is available at the end of the lesson day which is Monday through Friday at 5:30 p.m. If this is not a convenient time for you to meet, please leave your name, phone number, swimmer’s name and which instructor you are trying to contact in the WSI room. The instructor will get in touch with you.
General Locker Room and Pool Deck Policies
- Clean shoes are to be worn around the pool area
- Take a rinsing shower before swimming
- Engaging in horseplay is not permitted
- Food, drink or glass bottles are not allowed on the pool deck. Plastic water bottles with water only are okay
- Only swim diapers are allowed in the pool
- Help everyone by making sure the area you used is cleaned up
Swimming Registration Information
- All classes are run on a minimum of 6 swimmers and a maximum of 10 swimmers. This is a Red Cross curriculum requirement. If a class is filled, your swimmer will be placed on a waitlist.
- Sessions consist of 2 consecutive weeks. Session registration must be completed by Friday before the start of the session.
- Members of Storrs Pond can register anytime for any swim session with the proper registration form. Registrations are processed on a first come, first serve basis.
- Non-members must wait until the Tuesday before the session starts to register on-line for the swim sessions.
- For general information or questions, please email swim@StorrsPond.org or call the office at (603) 643-2134 before June 20 or the Pool House at (603) 643-7428 after June 20.